Bear wanders into Parker neighborhood | News
PARKER, Colo. – A large black bear drew the attention of neighbors and police in Parker Thursday when it was seen snacking on trash in front of a home in the Cottonwood subdivision.
Krista Krikke snapped several cell phone photographs of the bear as it rummaged through the contents of a large green trash container in the 8300 block of Prairie Clover Way.
Thankfully for the bear, it wandered off to the Cherry Creek Trail before wildlife officers arrived with tranquilizer guns.
Top Parker Stories
Upcoming Events near Parker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Feds shut down Aurora trucking company over safety violations
- Police chase ends with suspect biting officer
- Rules for insanity plea are unconstitutional James Holmes’ lawyers say
- 2-year-old falls from second-story window of Aurora apartment
- ‘Trick-or-Treat’ bandits accused of robbing 9 banks in Metro area
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight