Senator Udall praises Interior Department Report on Colorado's Job-Creating Natural Resources | Politics
Mark Udall issued the following statement after an Interior Department report showed that resources the agency manages contributed $14.4 billion to Colorado's economy in 2011 and supported 74,203 jobs in fields ranging from energy and mineral development to tourism and outdoor recreation:
"This report underlines what many Coloradans already know: Colorado is home to the very best natural resources and economic drivers in the country," Udall said. "From our clean-burning natural gas to our national parks and monuments, our resources are some of the state's most powerful job creators and revenue creators for local communities and businesses."
Udall serves on the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and heads its Subcommittee on National Parks.
Please contact Mike Saccone at 202-224-4334.
Top Parker Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Trick-or-Treat’ bandits accused of robbing 9 banks in Metro area
- Aurora neighborhood steps up security after string of break-ins
- Bomb squad called to home after second ‘suspicious’ device scare in Aurora
- Aurora parents furious: teacher accused of taping 2nd graders’ mouths shut
- Bomb squad called to Buckley Air Force Base due to delivery truck